Regardless of your job or career field, it is important to be your boss’s public relations specialist. It is your responsibility to make your boss look good within the company and to clients outside the company. Any disagreement or ill feelings you have with your boss should stay private between the two of you.
- Do keep your boss informed about important company issues.
- Do help your boss prepare for client meetings.
- Do speak positively about your boss.
- Don’t let your boss get caught off guard or be surprised about any matters involving the company.
- Don’t gossip or speak negatively about your boss.
- Don’t upstage your boss in front of others.