Corn on the cob should only be served at casual dining settings. Corn served at a formal setting should always be cut off the cob in the kitchen before serving.
To eat corn on the cob:
1. Butter and season only a few rows of corn at a time. Do not butter the entire ear before eating.
2. Hold the corn firmly by the ends with two hands. Corn skewers may be used.
3. Eat a few rows from left to right at a time. Do not eat a circle or ring around the corn.
4. Eat as neatly as you can without making loud gnawing or gnashing sounds.
5. Remember to wipe your mouth with your napkin after setting the cob of corn down.