Yes, there really is a proper and improper way to handle a cough or a sneeze. With the cold and flu season upon us, I hope you all follow these following etiquette tips:
1) Turn away from people when coughing or sneezing to avoid contaminating others.
2) Cover your mouth or nose with your left hand to keep your right hand germ free.
3) If you are in a crowd of people and cannot turn to avoid coughing or sneezing directly at someone, cough or sneeze downward, directly in front of you.
4) Always carry a tissue or handkerchief to cover your mouth or nose.
5) If you are having a coughing or sneezing episode, excuse yourself from the room until it subsides.