A gentleman will seat the lady on his right first. He will then seat the lady on his left or the hostess if they are not accompanied by a gentleman.
1. The gentleman pulls the chair out from the table.
2. The lady steps in front of the chair entering from the right or the most accessible side.
3. As the lady is standing in front of the chair, the gentleman slides the chair in.
4. When the lady feels the chair hit the back of her legs, she begins to sit down and holds the sides of the chair to help the gentleman “scoot” the chair forward.
5. When seated, the lady thanks the gentleman.