Forms of address for adults are very common. We are very comfortable using “Mr.”, “Miss”, “Mrs.”, and “Ms.” But do you know how to formally address a child?
Today, our society has become very casual with the way they address children. Here are a few basic rules to remember when addressing a child on a formal occasion.
1. Boys under twelve are referred to as “Master”.
2. From the age of twelve to twenty-one, only the young man’s full name should be used.
3. When a man turns twenty-one, he is called “Mr.”
4. Young ladies are referred to as “Miss” until they turn sixteen.
5. Upon reaching the age of sixteen, a woman is referred to as “Ms.”